Welcome to the Play Like a Girl Community! The Play Like a Girl Community is composed of women from all walks of life, backgrounds, ethnicities, and professions. If you have never considered yourself as a role model or mentor to a girl or other woman, then this is the place for you to develop your leadership potential, build your confidence, connect with a supportive network, and more.
If you are a current or former Play Like a Girl mentor or mentee, you’re more than welcome here and we look to you to provide guidance to women who are starting their journey with us.
Consider this your space. We can’t build this community without your support and input. We’ve provided a few features to get you started and feel free to add your new ideas as you explore your community hub.
- News Feed for you to post updates and see what’s happening at a glance with the community
- Forums for you to get advice and mentorship, discuss your leadership potential, meet new people, and more! 💬 💬
- Groups for your city/region/state or industry where you can meet other women who are curious about their potential as a role model or mentor to middle school girls as well 🏃♀️ 🏃🏽♀️ 🏃🏿♀️
- Membership Directory for you to find other community members with whom you’d like to connect 🔍 🔍 🔍
- Resources that show you why you should mentor and why you’re more than ready to do so 👩🏻🎓 👩🏿🎓 👩🏽🎓
- Top-notch curriculum through the that shows you how you can start your path to mentoring 📚 📚 📚
- Our Play Like a Girl Starter Kit, a dedicated set of resources created to help you better navigate through your initial questions and concerns while considering being a role model or mentor 💯 💯 💯
Watch this tutorial video on how to get started using the Community!
Connecting With the Community
Each week, Play Like a Girl staff will provide weekly topics for discussions by sharing articles, asking what steps you’ve taken on your journey, and asking general questions. Additionally, after each webinar, virtual event, or virtual happy hour hosted by Play Like a Girl, we will continue the conversation in the Community. We encourage you to participate in these conversations and to start your own! You can do this through the general News Feed or in a dedicated forum. Share about your leadership journey, ask questions, receive inspiration and advice, and more with our community.
Please take a moment to read the Community Guidelines! As a nonprofit that propels young women into male-dominated STEM careers, we want you to be a part of that mission. Please consider these guidelines when posting in the Community and commenting on others’ posts.
Review the “Welcome to Play Like a Girl” forum for instructions on how to utilize the forums and groups within the Community.